Dance It Up with Music has built a reputation in our community not only as a place for excellence in dance and music education; but a place where life lessons are taught first and dance and music second. Our students go beyond technique and poise to develop important life skills–learning to be respectful, confident, motivated, and positive young people.
Every year Dance It Up with Music families nominate a different charity to help raise awareness for, funds and hope to make a difference. We believe it is important to teach our students how lucky they are and strive to give them opportunities to give back to others. We host many different events for not only our Charity of Choice but for all different charities throughout the year and invite everyone to help make a difference!
Beyond teaching dance and music at our studio, it is our passion to reach out into the community to build a positive culture for younger generations.We are honored to be able to offer you the opportunity for your students to participate in our “DIP’M University” ! This program can either travel to your school as an assembly or be offered in our state of the art facility during your school hours as a field trip twice a year! This program is catered to your schools individual needs and costs absolutely nothing to you or your student, just the opportunity to bring an amazing dance class and experience to your school in the fall and spring! We look forward to making arrangements with you for your students and know that you will find that this program to be a very beneficial and an exciting addition to your school!
NATIONAL DANCE HONORS SOCIETY
NHSDA has been implemented in in our organization to lift up and recognize the amazing work that our students have been doing for years. We wanted a program that raised them up academically while acknowledging them for their community service, leadership and charitable giving among many other things that is recognized on a collegiate level. Their mission is to recognize outstanding artistic merit, leadership, and academic achievement in students studying dance in public and private schools in K-12 education, dance studios, cultural/community centers, performing arts organizations and post-secondary education. Participants will foster an appreciation for dance as a true art form and one worthy of recognition and prestige.
What are the student benefits?
- Recognition of their artistic merit, academic achievement, and leadership throughout their educational experience (Junior High – Collegiate)
- Community Service
- Mentorship from Chapter Sponsor and networking
- Graduate with Cord and Gold Honor Pin
- Provides reputable community and academic recognition for college and scholarship applications -Equally recognized and interchangeable with school sports, play, honor society, and club participation
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Current DIP’M Student
- Grades 9-12 -Part of the POW Program, Beyond Ballet Program, or the ID CompanY
- Maintains a 3.2 GPA
*Must participate in the Dance It Up With Music Chapter of NHSDA for a minimum of 3 years to graduate with honors
*Any disciplinary action by the school must be submitted– ISS or OSS is grounds for dismissal.
How do we remain in good standing with the program?
- All participants are required to fulfill at least 30 points for recognition in the program.
- At least 50% of all points must be earned prior to induction.
- 20 of the 30 points must be earned through Chapter Site Events and opportunities.
- In order to graduate with Honors, at least 45 points must be obtained by Graduation date.
- New points must be accumulated per year and cannot be carried over.